Switchfoot-Dare U To Move

Friday, July 21, 2006

Reservist & Encounters With God!

YoYoYo.. Finally back home after 5days of reservist. It was a good experience, meeting up w an old friend, instructors & base personnels who remember us. Juz learned tat my Officer-in-Charge (OC) really liked me a lot during my active days in NS. Thank God I'm was shining 4 Him back then & even now, in my camp. :)

Monday
Booked in 4 my 1st In Camp Training (ICT). They briefed us on wat 2 expect, & we had revision on how use e M16 rifle! It's been 2yrs since I last touched it, & was a little rusty when it came 2 e technical handling. But thank God I passed all e test. They wanted use 2 shoot e next day! Was totally unprepared 4 it & was a little nervous. Thank God they allowed us 2 go home 2 get our things. Couldn't find my ear plugs. HaHa..

Tuesday
Reached camp @ 7am! So early. Went 2 Pasir Lebar firing range. So close 2 e Jurong West Building. Forgot how loud & powerful e M16 was. It's reminded me of Emerge! when e "fireworks" went off. E recoil also stunned me during "zeroing". But praise God! I scored 87.5% hit! Marksman! KeKeKe.. So fun.. Can't wait till we do this again next year. :p

Wednesday
Had our IPPT. Praise God I could glorify Him again! Got a silver award although I haven't been exercising! Last time I did chin-up 2 months back, I could only do 3, but somehow I did 7 today! Hallelujah!! Did physical arrangement in e afternnon in preparation for e Change-of-Command Parade on Friday. Apparantly, tat was e main reason they called us back 4 reservist. *peng*

Thursday
Nothing much happened today in camp. Watched a few defense video, did more PA, & was allowed 2 go home early. Oh.. My instructor mentioned he had never ever seen such a tightly knitted group. HaHa..
Went 4 CG @ nite. Was a GREAT meeting. E last week, God had been showing me tat He loved me & showed me e promises He had made 2 me. Some which had come 2 past, & some still work in progress. But in all, He showed me how close He was 2 me & how much He loved me. He also challenged me 2 believe in His promises though some of them may seem impossible now. Had a great time w Him during my quiet time this week as He filled me w His presence. But somehow during CG today, I wanted much much more than wat I had been experiencing e past few dayz. & when I had made tat prayer, Sis Jo changed e direction of e CG & we really entered into God's presence. Many ppl was touched & cried. CG sermon was wat God had been speaking 2 me during e week again. HaHa..

Thank You my Lord
For Your touch & promises,
You are faithful till the very end.
Your Word remains & will never fail,
You alone are worthy to be praised.
Who am I for You will hear my cry?
Who am I that You are there 4 me?
Why do You honour me a mere man?
What have I done to gain Your favour?

As I ponder & pray
About this mystery set before me,
He shows me that it is not what I have done
Or who I am that He does all this,
But it is because of who HE is
& His grace set before me.
& that it is by my success,
His name will be glorified,
& the whole world will praise His name.

Friday
Watched more defense videos. Also watched a clip on bombs & its impact. Interesting.. Did marshalling in the afternoon. The ppl we tended 2 were surpised by our presence & professionalism. Usually reservist don't do such things. HaHa.. Was voted "Best Reservist" by my peer group. HaHa.. Overall my week w them was awesome! & I believe they were impacted as much as I was.. Hope 2 see them again next year. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home