Switchfoot-Dare U To Move

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Mind Over Matter..

Feeling sooooo sleepy. 2 more papers 2 go. Thank God they're next week, so not so bad, got a bit of a breather. God plz HELP me! Need UR supernatural strength!

So much happen these few days since Emerge! Been wanting 2 blog it down, but been too tired & my blog was giving me prob. Last day of Emerge we packed Hall 8, literally we packde & stripped e whole stage. Took 20 of us, 2 truck trips & 3hrs+ to get e job done. By e time we left expo, it was 1am & we headed down 2 bedok 85 for dinner cum supper. Haha.. We were all shacked out! But had a great sense of achievement. Konked out when i got home. :p

Sat 4 my Corporate Finance paper on Tuesday, left w 2 more to go next monday & wednessday. Got examz but still so much 2 do. Really going through wat Pst Kong said, "studying full time, serving overtime." HaHa..

Slept like 3am+ last night & woke up & 7am. Sent my mom 2 e airport. She'll be in Sydney for 3 weeks this time. My bro's exam period. HaHa.. She's so funny, talked about going 2 Australia only 2 days ago & e next thing I know, ZOOOM! She's gone! HaHa.. Poor me & dad have 2 keep e house in order. :p

Headed down 2 e expo @ 4pm to set up e stage. SO SAD! 160 SF MEMBERS, 50% GUYS, 30% OF THEM HAVING HOLIDAYS, BUT ONLY 3 PPL INCLUDING ME & BRO BOON CAME 2 SET UP E STAGE!!!! WAT NONSENSE!! Was really saddened by this. Everybody wants e fun, but none wanna do e work. Haiz.. Needa intensify discipleship. Thankfully Esmond came down, so I had a chance 2 talk & work w him. Bro KC & Raymond helped us. They're such nice ppl. Not once did they order us around. Instead we worked as a team. We took 1 1/2 hrs 2 set up e stage. My 1st hand experience learning 2 put eveything together. So confusing, so many different bits & pieces. Promised Bro Boon I'll get 2 know everything.

I love setting up e stage, doing backstage work. Although ppl don't see ur effort, u get 2 work in peace & quiet & u get 2 learn new things. Really strained my back today bcoz of e shifting, but I love it. Muz pray 4 my back 2 be healed in Jesus name. If not I won't be able 2 do it anymore. :'(

Got my guyz 2 write me a mail. They took sooooo long. It juz shows 1 thing: more discipleship needed. Haiz..

I find that the UDM was seriously cool as it is seemly different yet preserving its roots. it is a single drum UDM and thus it is very mobile yet still be impactful when u put a whole group together. the design is slim and i have to say that it is least likely to have maintainence problem due to the lasting materials used, the use of only 1 drum as it is less likely to knock into each other when transporting. the color display panels are also better as they are no longer bulbs but instead are small filaments so yeah, on the whole thing my thoughts towards the new UDM is totally Great!

- Esmond


The performance was awesome.! i like it. ;') was quite surprise to see that ;") VERYNICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE yup
but i was thinking if there is somthing that could produce a more powerful sound .. would be even better.! liek the BLUEMEN grp... are they called that? liek we make somthing that can produce those sounds.! more powerful..... as in. the sound would feel more .. liek... i dono how to describe .. but stronger!!! liek maybe we create somthing that looks realie cool to bring out a constant bass sound.
yea n i liek the part when the drums actualli came in....
but ill sae! OUR UDM IS GREATT!!!!!!! ;'))))))! realiie great.! .. i liek the effects of the lights .. maybe they can wear som costumes that can glow in the dark.. den when they move.. it'll be more obvious.. liek maybe don need the whole costume but. stick somthing that glows on their shirt..!
yea i REALIE REALIE REALIIE liek the whole performance..! its awesome ;'))))))))))))))))))! the drums realie take the praise to another level. ! liek wat Rev Ulf said.! i believe our performance is making a difference.! There's realie somthing in the drumming.! i dono how to explain that.! its GREAT.!
yea ;") glory to glory!

-Esther!


the new udms were great! i love the colour display. i think it would be the icon of this year's NDP parade. wahaha!! keep it up!

-Kenneth


i feel that the UDMs are really COOL and it was a good idea to put it at the opening and the finale of emerge cos it really builds up the atmosphere and instils excitement and anticipation in the people before the praise and worship!
the idea of the UDMs are funky too cos i feel that not many people actually see drums being played in this style before. and the drummers did a real excellent job cos they played with much energy and zest!  i feel its really good! so happy for them! :)
yes..it definitely inspires me in being more passionate and creative when i play drums and to be bold to let each own style's flow..

-ChewYan



I feel that the performance was good and inspired to me to perform just like them.The atmosphere was amazing.It's like a welcoming show to emerge...I like the whole thing.There is no mistake and every thing is perfect.It inspired me to perform like them and be more creative.

- Claudia


I love e way how we can come up w new creations every time. It makes us relevent & exciting. Although I wasn't involvde in this performance, I helped out backstage in getting them ready in watever way I can. Even being a MIB getting e UDMs in place, I could feel e vibe & excitement. Seeing e ppl play & e crowd enjoyin it gives me a great sense of satisfaction. I thank God I am serving in this ministry & that He has allowed me 2 do so much. I hope 2 be able 2 see a new batch of players rise up & rake e stage by storm. It is not about a few of us playing & doing e work all e time. It is a group effort involving all 160 of us. When every1 is active & willing, r we able 2 reach our full potential.

-Darryl


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home