Switchfoot-Dare U To Move

Thursday, May 04, 2006

It's Not About Me..

Today was an ok day. Met up w Liz my childhood friend whom i knew in sunday schhol. Used 2 tease her & pull her hair. HaHa.. My my.. How we've grown. HaHa.. Now we tease each other w words. Take care my DEAR friend. I thank God for having u. :) Went 2 'Skin' 2 check on an item. Had chocolate milk shake @ Secret Receipes after that, juz realise we were teasing each other a little about how we have deep dark secrets. lol


can u guess how much it cost?? :p

Elizebeth Gail Wilmot, my childhood friend. She also took part in this year's Chingay, wearing e Chomsam I think..


Met met up w Derek, Micheal & Julia after that. Supposed 2 play basketball, but poor Julia & Micheal didn't have a chance 2 play. They went TM instead 2 fellowship. Sorry guyz, feel like i pang se u. :p

Went down 2 Singapore Casket after that. Jem's grandfather passed away. Surprisingly, they took it quite well. They were smiling & entertaining guests. I was introduced 2 e rest of Jem's family & some of his relatives. Seems like they know a lot aout me. They were so nice & hospitable, it made me blush a little, it was like I was part of e family. :p What have i done 2 deserve such friendship? All I can do is thank God for His Grace & Mercy, for giving me a friendship I never thought possible. It is not by my might or works that i have such a wonderful friend. Thank U Jesus.

Was reading this book "It's not about me", by Max Luado. Great book! Talks about shifting our focus on 'I attitude', 2 a God centred 1. Spent an hour in e bathtub reading it. lol Parents coming back from overseas soon, so better use e bathtub as much as I can. :p

Read 2 chapters. Talked about how juz 1 glimpse of God's glory can propel a person from where he is, 2 where God wants Him 2 be, & carrying His glory, we will be able 2 do all things even when e world may seem 2 be against us. All that God does & we should do, is 2 glorify Him. Coz that's only way ppl r gonna know Him & come into His presence. It's like we r all in a sinking boat, & if the rescuer does not show his capabilities & capacity, he would not be able 2 earn e trust of e ppl he's trying 2 save. The next chapter was about us glorifying Him. It's like us watching an awesome show like 'Matrix', after that, we can do nothing but talk about the show telling how awesome it is. It is e same w God. Once we've had a taste of Him & His glory, all we can do is boast of Him!

Feel so blessed these few weeks. Though some areas r still WIP, I will trust in God, worship Him & glorify Him, coz in His time, He makes all things fall in place. What an awesome God I serve.

Bravo, GOD, Bravo!
Gods & all angels shout, "Encore!"
In awe before the glory,
In awe of GOD's visible power.
Stand at attention!
Dress your best to honour Him!

GOD thunders across the waters,
Brilliant, His voice & His face, streaming brightness-
GOD, accross the flood waters.

GOD's thundering tympanic,
GOD's thunder symphonic.

GOD's thunder smashes cedars,
GOD topples the northern cedars.

The mountain ranges skip like spring colts,
The high ridges jump like wild kid goats.

GOD's thunder spits fire.
GOD thunders, the wilderness quakes;
He makes the desert of Kadesh shake.

GOD's thunder sets the oak trees dancing,
A wild dance, whirling; the pelting rain strips their branches.
We fall to our knees- we call out, "GLORY!"

(Psalms 29:1-9 MSG)


Really like this version. Very expressive & colourful. But u should read the NKJV version as well. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Met up with Liz and it was only an 'okay' day?!! *outraged* Lol. JK of course. :) I thank God for you too, my dear friend.

Your faithfulness in Christ is so inspiring, and consistently blows me away. Continue to stay strong and fervent in Him, Darryl. :)

Thursday, May 04, 2006 9:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home