Switchfoot-Dare U To Move

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Revelation In a Tub.. lol

Juz got out of e tub. Had a bubble bath. Haha.. Finally, 3 weeks after my parents left, i decided 2 use e tub. Spent half an hour in there. Almost fell asleep. lol

Said a short prayer b4 soaking myself, didn't know God would answer so quickly. I was floating on my back (yes although my tub is small, it is still possible), began sinking after a while as I tried different breathing methods 2 keep me afloat. It got 2 a point where e water came over my face. Only my mouth & nose were above e water. Then God spoke.

What is keeping u afloat? Is it not e air in ur lungs. Inhale & u will float, exhale & u will sink. ("what simple logic" I thought 2 myself.) Ur life is like this, e air u breath is like a dream/vision. Whether it stays afloat & alive is up 2 u. Even though, u r barely afloat in ur dream/vision, we muz not let go of it, for when we do, we will sink! Instead, we should enlarge our capacity 2 take in more & air.

Was meditating on this when God furthur showed me: "wat r ur greatest fear? Losing her?" When i really thought about it, I realise that was not e case. Instead I was afraid of losing the present time w her. I was afraid she'd lose her cuteness & innocence. The way she smiles showing all her pearly white teeth. How she wears her skirt & looks so gir gir. Then it struck me like a tonne of bricks! I was being selfish! I was afraid I'd lose e feeling for her as she grows older & loses all that I've come 2 love about her! Instead of being an inspiration & blessing 2 her, instead of giving her reasons 2 keep on smiling & being cute & innocent, I was being possessive. I wanted 2 keep her 4 myself. In a way, I was robbing her of all reasons 2 stay e way she is! Lovely & pure.

I feel like a total idiot! A total jerk! God plz forgive me. Thank U 4 showing me e error of my ways. Plz continue 2 guide me 2 treat her right, as how U would treat her. That she will be able 2 continue 2 shine for U & bless others w her smile.

Don't know how 2 apologise 2 her, but I pray that I'd be able 2 be there 4 her, 2 encourage & support, instead of being a stumbling block. Let all that i do be seasoned w salt, accompannied w sincerity.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

jus remembered a story... a man who promised to have many children, but until he was v old, he's still have only one son. He was an obedient man and he had already passed many tests. But until the very day, when he was asked to give away his only one one, when he completely lay down his son, did his blessing began to be realised.

It leads to another story -> there was a severe drought in the land, yet when the priest was praying for rain to fall, he did not offer other things as sacrifice, but what he offered was the very thing the land is lacking - water. And he did not just offered a little, he poured in almost all the water he had.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 11:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home