Switchfoot-Dare U To Move

Friday, March 23, 2007

Tired? Worned Out?

After what seemed like eternity, I finally had the chance 2 be home before 8pm today. Imagine e shock on my mom's face when i stepped into e house, "your home early.."

Juz days earlier I remembered staying till 8 plus in the office, juz to be able to send files out to my overseas correspondants. That & the nights of gym, practises & studying for my examz have really been eating into my personal time with my family. To top it off, problems with ppl, finances & sleep deprivation has taken a toll on me.

For once it was good to be home early, the cheery faces of my parents also brought calm & peace in my already overstrained & overworked body. The dinner of lamb chops & potatos tasted great, not because of the ingredients that went in, but the love & effort put into preparing it. Our quality time consisted of watching tv together appreciating each others warmth & company. Even though it was a short 2hrs, it was as if we'd been doing this every night. Even after my parents had retired for the night, i spent a good while in front of the tv, appreciating e rest i found at home & the moments of time i have with my parents.

It's at times like these i feel God's presence & love the most. When i'm neck high almost drowning in my activities & problems, He always shows up & says, "hey.. slow down! relax! there's much to do, much 2 achieve, but don't lose sight of the good things I've placed in your life in the process." It's like Mary & Martha in the bible. Mary chose to busy herself with work & serving ppl tat she got burnt out. Martha on the other hand chose to spend time enjoy Jesus presence & His goodness.

In our present day & age, time seem to be speeding up & running out! There's so much to do, so much to accomplish & experience but there's not enough time! More, more, more we want MORE!! To an extent that we forget to aprreciate the important thing that God have given us. Things like rest, family, deeper relationships r thought 2 be less important if not forgotten. What kind of life are we living today? One which we rush through gaining everything but experiencing nothing, or one which is full of experience & understanding.

I believe that God has a plan for all of us & He didn't give us this life juz to work it away. If not He wouldn't have made Eden a beautiful garden. He would have made a factory instead. All that we have; our work, time & experiences, life, are God's gifts to us. We need to strike a balance in all areas. U can't focus on one area & leave the rest out. Coz they all add up 2 what makes us human.



A pic taken from my office overlooking the warfs.
God I'm gonna miss this place. But i thank God that they've confirmed a position for me & i'll be back after my examz which will be in 2 months. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home